For the EU FWC assignment “Vocational Education and Training sector analysis and formulation of EU support to the sector in Mozambique” we are looking for a National VET and employment specialist (Cat II) to support the implementation of:
- Analysis of the VET and the employment sectors in Mozambique. This should include brief analysis of current context and of the umbrella institutions, sector reforms, curricula and the most active development partners in the field (Member States and other international partners, international NGOs and CSOs, private sector partners and others);
- Take stock of the main lessons learned from EU and other donors’ previous actions in support to VET and employment creation in Mozambique and provide a brief identification of ongoing projects – avoid overlapping of efforts and investment;
- Identification and formulation of an EU project in support to skills development, employability and employment in Mozambique:
a. Including identification of potential partners and implementing modalities;
b. Linking to other actions under the national e-Youth Team Europe Initiative and Regional TEIs on skills development and employment;
c. In line with the Global Gateway strategy, explore ways to mobilise EFSD+ instruments, to work closer with private sector.
The National VET and employment specialist (Cat II) should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualifications and skills required: At least Master’s degree in the field of education, employment or social sciences, or equivalent professional experience. Excellent oral and writing communication skills, adaptability and social awareness. Computer literacy and proficiency, especially with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- General professional experience: At least 6 years of experience in the skills development and employment sector.
- Specific professional experience: At least 3 years of experience in the VET and employment sector in Mozambique. Good knowledge of the Mozambique VET system.
- Experience in VET and employment policy, sectors analysis, financing, planning and/ or programme development.
- Language skills: Fluency in both written and spoken Portuguese and English
For more information the TORs can be downloaded from this link: Terms of Reference-SIEA-2018-13116
Interested and qualified experts can request more information and send their CV (Template) in EU format on or before Friday 12th of August to email@example.com