the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for (Portuguese and English speaking) Experts for a new assignment titled “FACILITY FOR SUPPORTING EDUCATION REFORM (SER PROGRAMME) IN MOZAMBIQUE”. The overall objective of this assignment is to increase the effectiveness of EU cooperation in Mozambique in the field of education with a focus on basic education. The specific objective of the assignment is to provide advisory and support services to the EU delegation in Mozambique in the area of education:
SO 1: To contribute to the implementation and monitoring of SER Programme and other EU programmes in the field of education in Mozambique through technical support, participation in FASE structures and ad hoc advice;
SO 2: Support capacity building for EUD staff and MINEDH in the different domains of education system strengthening;
SO3: Enhance the communication, visibility, knowledge sharing and accountability framework of the EU support to education in Mozambique.
We are looking for an education expert with the following credentials:
Education expert Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
- General description of the position: short-Medium term support to coordination, in particular during EU FASE Troika chair. This might include specific expertise for working groups on school management and governance; public finance management in education; teacher professional development and teacher management, bilingual education, addressing equity barriers in education, amongst others.
- Qualifications and skills required: at least Master’s degree education in the field of education or social sciences, or equivalent professional experience. Excellent oral and writing communication skills, adaptability and social awareness. Computer literacy and proficiency, especially with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- General professional experience: At least 3 years of experience in the education sector.
- Specific professional experience: Previous experience of working with the government is an asset. Experience in education policy, education sector analysis, financing, planning and/or programme development. Sound knowledge of national policy dialogue mechanisms. Good organizational and interpersonal skills and evidence of good working relationships with different stakeholders. Proven experience in the coordination of multi-stakeholder work. Experience in institutional capacity assessment and capacity development is an asset.
- Language skills: Fluency in both written and spoken Portuguese and English.
Normal place of posting of the specific assignment Maputo – Mozambique
Indicative start date of the provision of the services: 03/10/2022
indicative end date: 03/10/2024
Total duration: 731 Day(s)
Number of working days: 100 days
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 402-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-12927
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Thursday, 28th of July at 16:00 hours CET, preferably in the following format: EU CV Template