The global objective of this mission is to (a) evaluate the EU funded Somalia Education Sector Support Programme (SESSP) by, mapping results, identifying constraints, lessons learned and analysing cost effectiveness, value for money and administrative costs across the major programmes, and (b) based on the backward looking evaluation, prepare a new programme for EU support to Education for 2021 to 2025.
The expert should have the following minimum professional qualifications and expertise:
General description of the position:
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: At least a master’s level degree in social science, public policy, development studies, international development or other relevant field, or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 15 years in the sectors mentioned above.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience in development related work.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in evaluating at least 5 projects funded through international development cooperation programmes. At least 2 evaluations should be in the field of education or TVET.
- Knowledge of, and experience with EU rules and procedures and Project Cycle Management will be an asset.
- The team leader should have led successfully at least 2 evaluations (mid-term, final or ex-post).
- Experience in identification and/or formulation of at least 1 EU project/programme preferably in the field of education.
- Previous experience in a fragile context will be considered as an advantage.
- Language skills: Full working knowledge of both spoken and written English as well as excellent report writing and communication skills. Knowledge of Somali language is an advantage.
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 14/06/2021 ; Indicative end date: 12/09/2021
Duration of the assignment: 90 Day(s) ; Minimum number of working days: 50 days
The location for this assignment will be home-based with travel to Kenya (Nairobi) and Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe and (Hargeisa).
Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s):
Kenya (Nairobi) – 14 days
Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe & Hargeisa) – 15 days
Somalia travel will be dependent on the prevailing security & COVID-19 situation.
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-3931
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Sunday, May 16 at 16:00 hours, preferably in the following format: CV_Template_(empty)_EN