The global objective of this mission is to (a) evaluate the EU funded Somalia Education Sector Support Programme (SESSP) by, mapping results, identifying constraints, lessons learned and analysing cost effectiveness, value for money and administrative costs across the major programmes, and (b) based on the backward looking evaluation, prepare a new programme for EU support to Education for 2021 to 2025.
The expert should have the following minimum professional qualifications and expertise:
General description of the position:
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: At least a master’s level degree in Education or other relevant field, or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 15 years in the sector.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience in the field of education.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 6 years of experience implementing complex education programmes, coordinating with Government authorities and engaging other stakeholders, including at least 2 years in institutional capacity building on education related issues.
- Experience in evaluating at least 2 projects in the field of education or TVET.
- Experience in identification and/or formulation of at least 1 EU programme/ project preferably in the field of education.
- Experience of EU procedures, in particular aid delivery methods will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of economic & financial analysis techniques will be asset.
- Previous experience in a fragile context will be considered as an advantage
- Language skills: Full working knowledge of both spoken and written English as well as excellent report writing and communication skills. Knowledge of Somali language is an advantage
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 14/06/2021 ; Indicative end date: 12/09/2021
Duration of the assignment: 90 Day(s) ; Minimum number of working days: 50 days
The location for this assignment will be home-based with travel to Kenya (Nairobi) and Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe and (Hargeisa).
Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s):
Kenya (Nairobi) – 14 days
Somalia (Mogadishu, Garowe & Hargeisa) – 15 days
Somalia travel will be dependent on the prevailing security & COVID-19 situation.
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-3931
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at email@example.com, before Sunday, May 16 at 16:00 hours, preferably in the following format:CV_Template_(empty)_EN