For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for an expert for the following mission: “Establishment of the Nigerian National Contact Point Network For Horizon Europe and ERASMUS+“
Activities will involve:
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the challenges and barriers faced by Nigerian researchers and academics in accessing and participating in Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs, and develop tailored solutions to address these challenges.
- Provide a fully comprehensive database for the coordination of information including Institutional Contact Points: the database of all stakeholders and institutions involved in the Nigerian R&I system.
- Develop a dedicated web platform: development of a web platform for the Nigerian National Contact Point (NCP) network for Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programmes.
- Training for the NCPs: The provision of training to the recently nominated thematic NCPs for Horizon Europe as well as NCPs at institutional level.
- Organisation and operation of the Nigerian NCPs network.
- Provide workshops on writing proposals.
- Organise Info-days and Matchmaking activities.
- Work with EUD communication and visibility contractor to develop a targeted communication and outreach strategy.
The Project Coordinator and Research & Innovation Expert will be responsible for managing and coordinating the overall project, ensuring timely delivery, budget adherence, and quality standards. He/she will also provide technical expertise in research and innovation, with a specific focus on Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs. This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage and build effective relationships with stakeholders. It also involves managing teams of experts and establishing a National Contact Point (NCP) network in other countries.
Qualifications and skills required
A Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as project management, international development, or any relevant field of research and innovation.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent project management and coordination abilities.
Familiarity with Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs.
Grant proposal writing and budget management skills.
At least 10 years of experience managing large-scale international development projects, including EU-funded projects.
Experience in managing teams of experts and ensuring high-quality outputs.
Proven experience in research and innovation, including designing and implementing international projects.
Knowledge of project management requirements for Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs.
Experience in establishing and managing NCP networks will be an asset
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 06/11/2023
Indicative end date: 06/05/2026
Duration of the assignment: 913 days
Minimum number of working days: 100
Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Homebased and Nigeria; typical several 2 days missions in Nigeria at selected locations (mostly universities and research centres). The timing and locations of the missions will be identified during the implementation of the project
For more information about this assignment, please see the ToR: Final_Terms of Reference Part A &B – FWC Request – Horizon-Erasmus – SIEA-2018-21317
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Monday 18th of September at midday (12:00 hours CET), preferably in EU CV format ( CV_Template_EN )