For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for an expert for the following mission: “Establishment of the Nigerian National Contact Point Network For Horizon Europe and ERASMUS+“
Activities will involve:
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the challenges and barriers faced by Nigerian researchers and academics in accessing and participating in Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs, and develop tailored solutions to address these challenges.
- Provide a fully comprehensive database for the coordination of information including Institutional Contact Points: the database of all stakeholders and institutions involved in the Nigerian R&I system.
- Develop a dedicated web platform: development of a web platform for the Nigerian National Contact Point (NCP) network for Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programmes.
- Training for the NCPs: The provision of training to the recently nominated thematic NCPs for Horizon Europe as well as NCPs at institutional level.
- Organisation and operation of the Nigerian NCPs network.
- Provide workshops on writing proposals.
- Organise Info-days and Matchmaking activities.
- Work with EUD communication and visibility contractor to develop a targeted communication and outreach strategy.
The Capacity Building Expert will be responsible for designing and delivering training and capacity-building activities for Nigerian researchers and academics, focusing on Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs. He/she will develop engaging and effective training materials and address the challenges and opportunities within the Nigerian research and innovation landscape. He/she will organize the matchmaking event and he/she will identify Non-Key experts who will provide the training in other locations. This position requires strong facilitation and training delivery skills, as well as knowledge of the Nigerian research and innovation context. The expert will work closely with diverse audiences, including researchers, educators, and policymakers.
Qualifications and skills required
A Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as education, training, or international development.
Strong facilitation and training delivery skills.
Familiarity with Horizon Europe and Erasmus+ programs.
Knowledge of the Nigerian research and innovation landscape.
At least 10 years of experience in designing and delivering training and capacity-building activities, including EU-funded programs.
Proven track record of developing and implementing successful capacity building programs for diverse audiences.
Experience in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of capacity building initiatives.
Familiarity with adult learning principles and methodologies.
NB: Expert’s involvement is subject to the approval of the Beneficiary country.
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 06/11/2023
Indicative end date: 06/05/2026
Duration of the assignment: 913 days
Minimum number of working days: 100
Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Homebased and Nigeria; Typical several 2 days missions in Nigeria at selected locations (mostly universities and research centres). The timing and locations of the missions will be identified during the implementation of the project.
For more information about this assignment, please see the ToR: Final_Terms of Reference Part A &B – FWC Request – Horizon-Erasmus – SIEA-2018-21317
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Monday 18th of September at midday (12:00 hours CET), preferably in EU CV format ( CV_Template_EN )