For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for (Portuguese and English speaking) Evaluation Experts for a new assignment in Angola titled “Mid-term evaluation of the Higher Education Support Programme UNI.AO”.
The main objectives of this evaluation assignment are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the performance of the Higher Education Support Programme UNI.AO, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.
The minimum requirements covered by the team of experts as a whole are detailed below:
- Qualifications and skills required for the team: – post-graduate degree; – professional evaluation expertise; – higher education expertise; – excellent team-working skills; – knowledge of the Project Cycle Management; – demonstrable ability to effectively communicate and interact within a multicultural setting; – demonstrable knowledge of the Angolan context and institutional landscape;
- General professional experience of the team: The evaluation team must have a cumulative experience of at least 5 years in the area of evaluation (of which at least a minimum of 3 successfully completed intervention-level or strategic evaluations), in the field of development cooperation, with solid experience in rigorous evaluation methods and techniques. This includes the capacity to adapt and use quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analysis. In addition, the evaluation team should have a demonstrable expertise in the area of higher education.
- Specific professional experience of the team: At least one of the experts must have demonstrable expertise in the area of higher education. Working experience in the area of higher education as professor and/or researcher in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered an asset.
- Language skills of the team: C1 level in Portuguese and B2 in English
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 29/05/2022
Indicative end date: 25/11/2022
Duration of the assignment: 180 Day(s)
Minimum number of working days: 35
Location: normal place of posting of the specific assignment is Luanda, Angola. *Tentative mission(s) to one or two Angolan provinces to be decided inter alia at the end of the inception phase (two days duration)
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-10726
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Monday, 9th of May at 16:00 hours CET, preferably in the following format: EU CV Template