For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for Education specialists for the following mission: “T/A Identification MIP Education Programmes” – analysis, formulation and management of regional education and skills development programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa –
The global objective of this assignment is to support INTPA A2 with the analysis, formulation and management of EU regional cooperation projects and programmes in the field of education and skills in partner countries in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), funded under the regional MIP 2021-2027.
The Key Experts may work home-based and must be able to take up their duties no later than 1st February 2023. The contract will have a duration of 24 months. The Higher education specialist will work full-time, while the Education specialist will work part-time.
In addition to the specific qualifications and experience required for each profile as listed below, the group of Key Experts will be expected collectively:
- To have relevant expertise in the following domains: education system strengthening; quality, inclusive, gender sensitive education; policy dialogue and coordination in the field of education and skills; capacity development; education network development programmes; job market-oriented skills development programmes; learning mobility and higher education; youth leadership programmes.
- To be familiar with global and/or regional education initiatives, such as the Global Partnership for Education, Education Cannot Wait, Erasmus +, and AU and (sub-)regional education initiatives. Knowledge of and experience in such initiatives in the context of Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered an asset.
- To have a good knowledge of EU decision-making processes and procedures as well as EU development policies and EU aid modalities. Familiarity with Team Europe Initiatives / Team Europe Approach will be considered as an asset.
Qualifications and skills required for the Education specialist:
- Expert category: Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
- University degree in Education, Social sciences, Economics, International relations, Public policy or relevant equivalent discipline. A Master degree in Education or relevant equivalent discipline will be considered as an asset.
- At least 6 years of professional experience – of which at least 3 years with developing countries – covering education sector development, policies and support programs.
- At least 3 years of specific professional experience including in the following areas:
- Advisory services to Ministries of Education in Sub-Saharan Africa on designing and implementing education reforms, strategies and programmes.
- Policies, programmes and processes of at least one major bilateral or multilateral development cooperation agency.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting high-level decision-making and policy-making processes, preferably in the framework of the EU and/or bilateral/multilateral agencies.
- Proven knowledge of the AU Continental Education Strategy for Africa 2016-2025 (CESA 16-25) and the work of its Clusters.
- Proven familiarity with African education systems and African Union structures and strategies regarding education, as well as continental and regional networks and initiatives (UNESCO-IIEP, ADEA, etc.) will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in supporting regional coordination networks and peer learning mechanisms in the field of education and/or skills development will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in working with continental and regional policy platforms in the field of education and/or skills development will be considered as an asset.
- Proven knowledge of the European Education Area and of the Open Method of Coordination will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in capacity development of the AU Commission and the RECs will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in organising and conducting workshops related to development programmes in the field of education will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience of international development projects related to skills development and formal and informal learning, in Sub-Saharan Africa, will be considered as an asset.
- Language skills: The Expert must have excellent English language skills (writing, oral, communication, presentation) and at least intermediate French language skills.
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 21/12/2022
Indicative end date: 21/12/2024
Duration of the assignment: 731 Day(s)
Minimum number of working days: 288 days
- Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Home-based
- Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s): Missions to Brussels and/ or beneficiary countries in SSA. Frequency: 4 to 6 times per year
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-14813
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, before Thursday 27th of October at 16:00 hours CET, preferably in the following format: EU CV Template