For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for a (Portuguese and English speaking) Evaluation Expert for a new assignment in Angola titled “Mid-term evaluation of the Higher Education Support Programme UNI.AO”.
The Higher Education Support Programme – UNI.AO (13/12/2019 – 12/12-2024), its overall objective is to increase the economic diversification and the creation of employment in priority sectors.
The evaluation will assess the intervention(s) using the six standard DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, coherence, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and perspectives of impact. In addition, the evaluation will assess the intervention(s) through an EU specific evaluation criterion, which is the EU added value.
The evaluation process will be carried out in four phases: • Inception phase • Interim phase • Synthesis phase • Dissemination phase
The main objectives of this evaluation assignment are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the performance of the Higher Education Support Programme UNI.AO, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.
The minimum requirements covered by the team of experts as a whole are detailed below:
- Qualifications and skills required for the team:
– post-graduate degree;
– professional evaluation expertise;
– higher education expertise;
– excellent team-working skills;
– knowledge of the Project Cycle Management;
– demonstrable ability to effectively communicate and interact within a multicultural setting;
– demonstrable knowledge of the Angolan context and institutional landscape
- General professional experience of the team:
The evaluation team must have a cumulative experience of at least 5 years in the area of evaluation (of which at least a minimum of 3 successfully completed intervention-level or strategic evaluations), in the field of development cooperation, with solid experience in rigorous evaluation methods and techniques. This includes the capacity to adapt and use quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analysis. In addition, the evaluation team should have a demonstrable expertise in the area of higher education.
- Specific professional experience of the team:
At least one of the experts must have demonstrable expertise in the area of higher education. Working experience in the area of higher education as professor and/or researcher in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered an asset.
- Language skills of the team:
both members of the team should have at least C1 level in Portuguese and at least B2 level in English.
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 20/10/2022
Indicative end date: 18/04/2023
Duration of the assignment: 180 Day(s)
Minimum number of working days: 35 for each expert
Location: normal place of posting of the specific assignment is Luanda, Angola. *Tentative mission(s) to one or two Angolan provinces to be decided inter alia at the end of the inception phase (two days duration)
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-13614
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at email@example.com, before Wednesday, 21 of September at 16:00 hours CET, preferably in the following format: EU CV Template