For the Lot 4 EU Framework Contract, Cadena is immediately looking for Education specialists for the following mission: “T/A Identification MIP Education Programmes” – analysis, formulation and management of regional education and skills development programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa –
The global objective of this assignment is to support INTPA A2 with the analysis, formulation and management of EU regional cooperation projects and programmes in the field of education and skills in partner countries in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), funded under the regional MIP 2021-2027.
The Key Experts may work home-based and must be able to take up their duties no later than 1st February 2023. The contract will have a duration of 24 months. The Higher education specialist will work full-time, while the Education specialist will work part-time.
In addition to the specific qualifications and experience required for each profile as listed below, the group of Key Experts will be expected collectively:
- To have relevant expertise in the following domains: education system strengthening; quality, inclusive, gender sensitive education; policy dialogue and coordination in the field of education and skills; capacity development; education network development programmes; job market-oriented skills development programmes; learning mobility and higher education; youth leadership programmes.
- To be familiar with global and/or regional education initiatives, such as the Global Partnership for Education, Education Cannot Wait, Erasmus +, and AU and (sub-)regional education initiatives. Knowledge of and experience in such initiatives in the context of Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered an asset.
- To have a good knowledge of EU decision-making processes and procedures as well as EU development policies and EU aid modalities. Familiarity with Team Europe Initiatives / Team Europe Approach will be considered as an asset.
Qualifications and skills required for the Higher Education specialist:
- Qualifications and skills required: University degree in Education, Social sciences, Economics, International relations, Public policy or relevant equivalent discipline. A Master degree in Education or relevant equivalent discipline will be considered as an asset
- At least 6 years – of which at least 2 year with developing countries – of professional experience covering higher education sector development, policies and support programmes including learning mobility activities.
- At least 4 years of specific professional experienceb including in the following areas:
- National and international policies and strategies related to higher education in developing countries.
- EU/MS mobility and exchange programmes, in particular focusing on youth learning mobility in SSA.
- Experience in the management of Erasmus + projects in the field of capacity building of higher education and / or students mobility.
- At least 6 years of project management experience in the framework of EU funded and/or international projects.
- Proven knowledge of the European Commission and its development policies.
- Proven experience in international education and skills development projects in SSA.
- Proven experience in programme coordination will be considered as an asset.
- Previous experience working with Services of the European Commission or similar assignments will be considered as an asset.
- Proven Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation assignments in the framework of EU funded programmes will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in organising and conducting workshops related to development programmes in the field of education will be considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the design and implementation of youth leadership, mentorship and traineeship programmes will be considered an asset.
- Language skills: The expert must have excellent English language skills (writing, oral, communication, presentation) and at least intermediate French language skills.
Indicative starting date of the assignment: 21/12/2022
Indicative end date: 21/12/2024
Duration of the assignment: 731 Day(s)
Minimum number of working days: 432 days
- Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Home-based
- Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s): Missions to Brussels and/ or beneficiary countries in SSA. Frequency: 4 to 6 times per year
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: 02-TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-14813
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at email@example.com, before Thursday 27th of October at 16:00 hours CET, preferably in the following format: EU CV Template