The global objective of the EUROsociAL+ programme is “To contribute to increasing the level of social cohesion in Latin America”, understood as: “An attribute of societies that implies equal opportunities so that the population can exercise its fundamental rights and ensure its well-being, without discrimination of any kind and taking into account diversity.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the EUROsociAL+, paying particular attention to its intermediate results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the EUROsociAL+ programme, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results. This evaluation will serve accountability, decision making, learning and management purposes.
We are looking for an expert with the following profile:
- Expert category: Cat. III (>3 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: PhD or Master’s degree in social sciences, economics, law, international relations or development studies.
- General professional experience: – At least 5 years of experience in development cooperation. – Relevant professional experience in project/programme evaluation programmes in the field of EUROsociAL+ actions (Social policies, Democratic Governance and Gender Equity).
- Specific professional experience: – Relevant professional experience in/with Latin America. – Professional experience with projects/programmes evaluation.
- Language skills: Proficiency in English and Spanish. Working knowledge of Portuguese desirable.
- Minimum number of working days: 70 days
- Additional information: Field experience is an asset.
Please note: the assignment is home-based
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-1737
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org,on or before Wednesday 2 December 2020, preferably in the following format: CV_Template_(empty)_EN
|Indicative start date||01/02/2021|
|Indicative end date||01/07/2021|
|Deadline for submission CV||December 2, 2020|