The global objective of the EUROsociAL+ programme is “To contribute to increasing the level of social cohesion in Latin America”, understood as: “An attribute of societies that implies equal opportunities so that the population can exercise its fundamental rights and ensure its well-being, without discrimination of any kind and taking into account diversity.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the EUROsociAL+, paying particular attention to its intermediate results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future interventions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the EUROsociAL+ programme, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results. This evaluation will serve accountability, decision making, learning and management purposes.
We are looking for an expert with the following profile:
Gender Expert: responsible for assessing the gender-related component of the programme.
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: PhD or Master’s degree in social sciences, economics, law, international relations or development studies.
- General professional experience: – At least 10 years of experience in development cooperation. – Extensive and relevant professional experience in project/programme evaluation programmes in the field of EUROsociAL+ actions (Social policies, Democratic Governance and in particular in Gender Equity). – At least 6 years of professional experience in/with Latin America.
- Specific professional experience: – Proven experience and knowledge in Gender Equity in the international cooperation framework. – At least 5 years of professional experience in projects/ programmes evaluation, preferably in EC programmes and projects evaluation.
- Language skills: Proficiency in English and Spanish. Working knowledge of Portuguese desirable.
- Minimum number of working days: 70 days
Please note: the assignment is home-based
For more information about this assignment you can download the ToR here: TermsOfReference-SIEA-2018-1737
Interested experts are kindly requested to contact us and submit their CV at email@example.com,on or before Wednesday 2 December 2020, preferably in the following format: CV_Template_(empty)_EN
|Indicative start date||01/02/2021|
|Indicative end date||01/07/2021|
|Deadline for submission CV||December 2, 2020|